Depression is characterized by persistent sadness and a lack of interest or pleasure in previously rewarding or enjoyable activities. Well, not only some people but more than 264 million people of all age groups suffer from depression globally. It is a type of mental illness developed due to continuous failure and sadness. let’s have a look at more causes:
- having a family history of depression
- childhood trauma
- brain structure
- life events
- number of infectious diseases
- use of drugs
connections of depression:
- Alcohol can be a depressant that slows down some regions of the brain
- bullying or social abuse cause effects on mental health causing depression
- the depressed mood will significantly reduce the possibility of divergent thinking, as it reduces the fluency, variety, and extent of the originality of the possible ideas generated.
- Problem-focused coping leads to a lower level of depression.
how to manage depression:
- listening to calming music
- getting a hug from the loved ones
- doing different creative works.