The Qatar FIFA World Cup 2022 final will be held today on Sunday. Argentina and France will compete in the final at Lusail Stadium in Doha. Both teams have won the World Cup twice since 1930, held every four years.
Argentina lifted the World Cup trophy in 1978 and 1986. Similarly, France won the title in 1998 and 2018.
The Qatar World Cup is not only a game, but the winner also gets a huge prize money. Around $440 million in prize money has been awarded in the World Cup.
Fifa club world cup prize money
According to FIFA, the winner will receive 42 million dollars. Likewise, the runner-up will receive $30 million, the third-placed $27 million, and the fourth-placed $25 million.
The teams that reach the quarterfinals will receive $17 million, the teams that reach the last 16 will receive $13 million, and the remaining 16 teams who will be eliminated from the group stage will receive $9 million.
Fifa world cup prize money list
- 2002 World Cup | Hosts: Japan & South Korea — $134m.
- 2006 World Cup | Hosts: Germany — $236m.
- 2010 World Cup | Hosts: South Africa — $348m.
- 2014 World Cup | Hosts: Brazil — $358m.
- 2018 World Cup | Hosts: Russia — $400m.
- 2022 World Cup | Hosts: Qatar — $440m.