how ? Facebook Group to a Page, Many of us Page Admins run Groups that are massively more engaged and exciting than their (associated) Pages but until now it’s not been possible (other than with a Pinned Post) to communicate that association to fans and visitors.
NOTE: You need to be a full Admin on both the Page and the Group.
Group Moderators cannot link a Group to a Page (even if they’re an Admin of the Page)
Therefore a Page cannot post to an existing Group unless the Admin linking the Group to the Page is also an Admin of the Group. Kinda complicated huh?!
If you’d prefer to follow a set of instructions:
- Go to your Page and click Settings
- Click on Edit Page
- Scroll down to look at the tabs
- Click on “Add a Tab” at the bottom
- Select “Groups”
- Now drag the Groups Tab up the list
- Click on Settings. The url shows where all the Groups connected
- Go back to the Page and see how your Groups tab now shows up in the left hand nav
- Now (this is important) click on the Groups tab to tell Facebook which Group to link to your Page
- Either choose your Group from what Facebook surfaces or, if your Group isn’t shown, click “LinkYour Group”
- Now your Group is linked to your Page
- Now when you write in the Group you can do so as your Page rather than as your personal Profile
- Click on the drop down in the top right to choose your posting persona!
Process to post as your Facebook Page in a Group
The new feature that many Facebook Group Admins have been waiting for is the ability to post as the Page (rather than your personal Profile) in the Group.
Once your Group is linked to the Page you’ll see that as an option whenever you go to either post or comment.
Simply click in the top right of the new post to change to commenting either as yourself or as the Page.